Associate Director, Multicultural Practices
The purpose of this position is to support ASHA's strategic direction and provide expert consultation and professional expertise on cultural and linguistic diversity and its impact across the discipline to members, consumers, other National Office staff, and external groups. Primary responsibilities include responding to requests for technical assistance, developing and disseminating resources, researching topics and issues, tracking national trends, assisting in association policy development, managing projects, and serving as ex officio as assigned.
- Provide professional consultation on state of the art practice and policy to ASHA members, National Office staff, and other external groups.
- Collect and analyze information on relevant issues, conduct pertinent literature reviews, track trends, and communicate data and information to staff, members, consumers, and association leadership.
- Identify and develop resources and make recommendations for Association policy, priorities, and actions to meet the professional practice needs of members.
- Monitor trends and conduct research on variables, available materials, and assessment and treatment methodology related to cultural and linguistic diversity.
- Manage projects that address identified areas of need for clinical service delivery, and professional issues related to cultural and linguistic diversity, including the recruitment and retention of under-represented populations in the CSD professions.
- Serve as ex officio as assigned.
- Serve as liaison and represent OMA and ASHA within and outside of the National Office.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Graduate degree in audiology or speech-language pathology
- Current ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Five or more years of experience and knowledge of communication development and disorders
- Three or more years of experience and knowledge specific to the influence of cultural and linguistic diversity
- Experience as a bilingual service provider
- Experience and knowledge in general office administration and project management
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated computer and web literacy
- Demonstrated ability to collect and compile data
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment and independently, and to problem-solve proactively
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work cooperatively on a team