Development (Fundraising) Manager
Job Summary/Company:Are you a mission-driven professional with experience in the non-profit/association field? Sparks Group has partnered with a non-profit organization seeking a Development (Fundraising) Manager. If you have experience in grants management and are interested in program management, please apply or call 301-926-7800 for more information!
- Identify potential federal or state grant opportunities for addiction medicine
- Identify and assess both known and under-utilized sources of funding such as foundations and other organizations interested in supporting addiction medicine initiatives
- Develop strategies to align ASAM initiatives to funding opportunities
- Manage, write and submit grants and timelines in cooperation with ASAM staff leads and subject matter experts
- Develop templates and process for review and management of contracts (for collaborations that may be exchange and provider of services, but non-grant related
- Assist with grant deliverables and reporting, as needed (e.g. extension requests, reconciliations, evaluations, etc.)
- Manage relationships and ongoing communication with current and prospective partners and various stakeholders
- Meet with key internal and external stakeholders to determine funding priorities
- Proactively maintain ASAM in federal, state and private grant systems
- Translate science writing into basic language to be used for promotional or educational purposes, and across the organization for a variety of purposes
- Develop infrastructure to support project management and tracking; and all grant material source documents
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in a science/public health/business/ administration discipline; Masterâ€™s degree preferred.
- At least three to five years of experience in grant writing or technical writing, financial management experience, communications and project management; the ability to manage and coordinate multiple deadlines
- Experience conducting research for grants
- Experience with contracts and reviewing contracts preferred
- Proven ability to develop and manage relationships and partnerships
- Experience with submitting grants online through government and other entities preferred
- Excellent organizational skills including setting priorities in work assignments, coordinating projects, and following up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written, organizational, communication and customer service skills are required.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) .
- Good customer / member service skills.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and initiative valued.
- Team player with positive attitude, enthusiastic energy and ability to have fun with team members.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.