Other duties include:
- Develops project objectives and prepares a scope of work in cooperation with stakeholders.
- Performs engineering analysis, project cost estimates, sets schedules, finalizes construction drawings, and secures approvals and permits in accordance with the county's engineering specifications, regulations and constructability practices.
- Administers and oversees consultant engineering and contractor services.
- Develops and tracks work orders to address storm drainage system deficiencies.
- Secures required permits and/or approval from the county, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Prepares clear, concise, and grammatically correct written correspondence.
- Conducts research, prepares technical reports, correspondence, and support documentation, and participates in after hour citizen and/or Board of Supervisors' meetings to implement agency programs. Performs research, data analysis, and engineering computations.
- Facilitates the resolution of technical stormwater drainage design issues between internal staff and/or other county agencies, and coordinates field inspections with site inspectors during the construction phase of a project.
Any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technologies with a bachelor's degree in the appropriate engineering or architectural field; plus four years of progressively responsible professional experience in the appropriate engineering field.
At least four years of progressively responsible experience in project management, design and/or construction of storm drainage conveyance systems. Experience managing public infrastructure assets for the purpose of maintenance, rehabilitation, and replacement. Experience in horizontal infrastructure project management and performing hydrologic and hydraulic computer modeling for drainage studies and design. Knowledge and understanding of local, state, and federal codes and engineering standards related to storm drainage and flood mitigation. Experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), GIS, engineering and project management software, databases, and AutoCAD for the preparation of construction drawings and documents. Good written and verbal communication skills public meeting presentation experience. Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- A valid driver's license is required.
- DEQ Erosion and Sediment Control Plan Reviewer Certification - completion of first required training class within 12 months of hire and certification required within 12 months of date of completion of first required class
- VDOT Work Zone Safety Traffic Control Intermediate Certification - Required within 18 months
- NASSCO Pipeline Assessment Certification Program (PACP) Certification - Required within 24 months
Pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, stooping, walking, and climbing in and out of catch basins and manholes. Including, removal and replacement of manhole covers which weigh up to 50 pounds. Physically and mentally able to use all applicable personal protective equipment in an outdoor environment including; hardhat, eye protection, hearing protection, safety footwear, long pants, and sleeved shirt. Protective equipment specific to confined space work includes hardhat, eye protection, safety toe boots, and atmospheric monitoring equipment. All duties are performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Is required to complete a criminal background check and driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Panel interview; may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.