Entry-Level Patent Clerk
ENTRY-LEVEL PATENT CLERK
Prestigious Washington, DC Intellectual Property firm (metro-accessible) is seeking an Entry-Level Patent Clerk to provide assistance within their Mechanical Group.
- Uploading documents to various client portfolio management platforms, downloading and distributing incoming correspondence from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), and updating various client docketing systems
- Assisting lawyers, paralegals, and client managers with tasks supporting the process of filing patent applications with the USPTO
- Running reports to confirm and reconcile the accuracy of data
- Following client-specific instructions and procedures to accurately maintain tracking spreadsheets and checklists
- Drafting correspondence to include letters to clients, foreign associates, and vendors relating to patent searches, prosecution, and maintenance
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- Administrative/office experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other software
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Please submit your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!