Practice Assistant - Real Estate
PRACTICE ASSISTANT – REAL ESTATE
LOCATION: Washington, DC (metro-accessible)
PREFERRED HOURS: Monday through Friday, 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. with 1 hour (unpaid) for lunch
***Firm observes a 35-hour work week
***Must be flexible to work overtime as needed
SUPPORTING: Co-Managing Partner, DC Office + 4 Real Estate Attorneys
U.S.-based, full-service law firm has an opening for an experienced Practice Assistant to join their DC office and provide support to the office’s Co-Managing Partner and Real Estate attorneys, as assigned (total of five). Commercial transactional real estate experience is preferred; a “can-do” attitude and excellent communication skills are required.
Seeking a go-getter with excellent time management and critical thinking skills and the ability to problem-solve. Must work as a team player to assist with overflow work as needed.
Responsibilities will include opening new clients and matters, word processing (document production, redlining, proofreading, etc.), general filing, time entry, answering phones, scanning, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, submitting expense reports, calendar maintenance, assisting with client development, and handling daily mail. Will also maintain various lists, including InterAction database and various marketing lists.
- Reviewing, sorting, and distributing mail
- Reviewing and maintaining attorney calendars
- Drafting, typing, proofreading, and making any necessary revisions to various types of documents, including correspondence, memoranda, complex commercial real estate documents, and marketing materials (including PowerPoint presentations); must have the ability to generate tables of contents (TOC) and prepare redlined documents
- Scheduling and calendaring client, Firm, and office meetings, coordinating travel arrangements as necessary
- Scheduling messengers and other vendors for document pick-up
- Interacting with various government agencies, clients, and other companies in connection with real estate closings
- Reviewing and inputting attorney time, making any necessary revisions
- Reviewing client billing for accuracy, making any necessary content and grammar revisions
- Performing administrative functions such as preparing check requests for vendor statements, entering expenses and invoices into Chrome River, assisting with various pro bono and sponsorship/marketing matters, and other administrative tasks
- Organizing and scheduling small and large meetings in person and/or via conference calls (this may include arranging for conference rooms and meals)
- Maintaining Outlook calendars and contacts lists, including lists in InterAction
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, not required
- At least five (5) years of recent experience as a legal secretary working for partner-level attorneys
- Commercial transactional real estate experience preferred
- Experience with Elite, billing, engagement letters, and conflicts checks preferred
- Strong command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to accurately type at least 60 WPM
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to multi-task, anticipate needs, be a self-starter, and integrate to become part of a team
- Ability to interact with attorneys (internal and external), support staff, clients, and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of client and Firm matters
Please submit your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!