Management and Program Analyst (Project Manager) *12 Month Roster*
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 Nights per month
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Land Management Eligibles must provide all required documentation to verify eligibility, prior performance, and qualifications for the target position. You can find information on the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act and eligibility HERE. Land Management Eligibles must compete under competitive merit promotion procedures and meet all applicable requirements as such (time-in-grade restrictions do not apply).
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-14 LEVEL: You must have1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: expert knowledge, accomplishment, and the ability to lead major project assignments that required a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, both qualitative and quantitative, sufficient to accomplish complex projects or studies broad in scope and magnitude. You must also demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and through experience and application, of a range of laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the segment(s) of the Service's program affected by the assigned project or study; knowledge of management principles and processes to perform project management duties and to effectively coordinate and integrate project objectives and recommendations with key line and/or staff functions of the Service; and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the GS-13 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
Positions are located in the HCO-Wide (Human Capital Office) in IRS nationwide locations (25 vacancies).
The anticipated start date is to be determined.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMEMT
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
-File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and then annually from then on
-Public Trust- Background InvestigationRead more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated based on the IRS Merit Promotion Plan in the following areas: Oral Communication, Planning and Evaluating, Writing, Project Mgmt, Decision Making, and Problem Solving. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. IRS employees may obtain most recent awards listing at https://persinfo.web.irs.gov/indexawd.htm.
Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: You will be assigned to one of three quality groups. Each group represents a quality level (i.e., Superior/Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, Qualified). Candidates will be considered in quality group order. If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration.
You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a score of Highly Qualified or better to be rated as well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
This vacancy announcement will be used as a register to fill vacancies through 04/21/2020.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No