Senior Operations Research Analyst (Technology Readiness Assessment)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Candidates must possess the education and specialized experience as stated for this position.
All requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
In addition to the education requirement, applicants must have 1 year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower band or level equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal Service, or comparable private/public sector experience which has equipped the applicant with the skills and knowledge to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position is defined as experience using GAO’s Technology Readiness Assessment Guide OR assessing Technology Readiness Assessments for various critical technology elements (CTEs) during all phases of the acquisition process; ascertaining and evaluating technology readiness levels and applying advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes for technology readiness assessments; and conducting risk and uncertainty analysis as part of technology maturation plans (TMPs).
You must also meet the following Selective Placement Factor (SPF):
Knowledge of and experience using technology readiness assessment software (e.g. AFRL TRL calculator or similar) and/or the GAO TRA Best Practices Guide.
This position has a positive education requirement. Documentation to verify your education MUST be submitted with your application in order to be considered.
Degree: in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
For additional information, please go to OPM's Qualifications Standards at: Basic Requirements 1515
This is a bargaining unit position.
Based on staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee will be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit SSS.
Selectees will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. At the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
Selectees will be subject to a determination of suitability for Federal employment.
GAO provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request accommodation, please email ReasonableAccommodation@gao.gov.
GAO's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year or two-year probationary period.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the qualification requirements stated above, you will be further rated based on your responses to the assessment questions. Please make sure that your responses to the assessment questions are supported in your resume. Please follow all instructions carefully. If you provide incomplete answers, fail to provide a narrative response to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation, or if your response to a vacancy question is "see resume”, your rating may be affected or you may be determined ineligible.
Please make sure that your responses to the assessment questions are supported in your resume and follow all instructions carefully. If you provide incomplete answers, fail to provide a narrative response to any assessment question(s) that requires further explanation, or if your response to an assessment question is "see resume,” your rating may be affected or you may be determined ineligible.
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Knowledge of acquisition methods and approaches that include the development, execution and phases of capital acquisition programs.
- Mastery of analytical concepts, principles, and practices related to detailed analysis and documentation to conduct the data collection, review, and analysis processes of the engagement.
- Professional knowledge of technology readiness assessment (TRA) analyses.
- Mastery of qualitative and quantitative techniques for analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of government programs and operations.
- Skill in selecting, organizing, and presenting appropriate information in a concise and balanced manner and communicate such information to target audiences.
- Skill in conducting research and developing reliable evidence to support report findings and make recommendations.
- Skill in effectively communicating orally and in writing to prepare reports, participates in interviews and meetings, to make presentations. By way of definition, oral communication may include methods used by employees with disabilities such as sign language interpretation, text-to-speech or TTY technology, and amplification devices.
- Skill in collaborating and works effectively and complete projects in a group setting, particularly across organizational boundaries and with those with less technical backgrounds.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No