SUPERVISORY CONTRACT SPECIALIST
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Researches and compares companies competing for Agency contracts and makes recommendations based on past performance, technical capability, cost, and availability.
2. Reviews and conducts detailed analysis of contract requirements, develops strategies, and provides expertise and guidance to Agency stakeholders.
3. Takes initiative to anticipate issues, resolves conflict among multiple priorities, and implements effective solutions to prevent problems that might impact timelines and deliverables.
4. Demonstrates superior knowledge, skills, and abilities for all types of contracts while regularly managing large and complex contractual work assignments in addition to leading, developing, and mentoring junior employees.
5. Demonstrates superior ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and schedule individual/ team work activities to complete assignments in a timely and effective manner to accomplish mission requirements.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Demonstrates superior pre/post award experience and the use of a Contracting Officer's warrant for contract actions valued above $20M.
2. Demonstrates at least 3-5 years of supervisory experience as an 1102, documenting the ability to adequately develop performance plans, appraisals, employee award information, and successfully managing poor employee performance/conduct.
Basic Education Requirements for GG-07 through GG-15:
A. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.
B. At least 24 semester credit hours in business disciplines. Business disciplines include: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. The 24 semester credit hours (or the equivalent) must be earned from an accredited academic institution of higher education.
NOTE: This above requirement does not apply to DoD civilian employee or Service members who served as a contracting officer with authority to award or administer contracts in excess of the SAT on or before September 30, 2000 or served in an 1102 position or as a Service member in a similar occupational specialty on or before September 30, 2000.
Specialized Experience: In addition to meeting the basic requirements of (A) and (B) above, one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression is qualifying for positions at grades GG-08 and above. Graduate Education may be used in lieu of specialized experience. Specialized experience must have equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position to be filled.
Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Requirement (DAWIA): This position is considered an Acquisition Workforce (AWF) position, all personnel will have a 24-month grace period to meet the current standards and obtain the certification required in Contracting and level required for the position.
Applicant at the GG-13 and above can either already have the Basic Requirements for Defense Acquisition Corps or will need to obtain the membership.
Defense Acquisition Corps Eligibility Criteria:
A. Grades GG-13 and above.
B. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees with at least 24 semester credit hours in business disciplines. Business disciplines include accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. The 24 semester credit hours (or the equivalent) must be earned from an accredited academic institution of higher education
C. Certified at a minimum of DAWIA Level II in an acquisition career field.
D. Four (4) years of service in an AWF position either in DoD or a comparable position in industry or Government.
DIA positions are Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) positions in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. All applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application. Applicants must meet the agency's conditions of employment, to include, but not limited to, satisfactory completion of an initial special background investigation and periodic reinvestigation, completion of any required medical examination and physical requirements, completion of any required personal interviews, favorable completion of any required initial or aperiodic polygraph examinations, completion of any required drug test, satisfactory completion of a two-year Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System trial period, and completion of a civilian mobility agreement. All employees are required to sign an agreement not to disclose, in any fashion, classified information to unauthorized persons. All civilian employees are required to participate in the DoD Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer of Pay (DD/EFT) Program. DIA employees and applicants for employment are protected by federal laws, from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Veterans who are preference-eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions are encouraged to apply.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes