Interdisciplinary General Engineer / Civil Engineer (Supervisory/Non-Supervisory)
Occasional travel - Travel requirements vary by position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Serve a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, if required.
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
- You may be required to participate in the Region's Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP), representing the Service and/or GSA as a whole. This may involve participating in COOP meetings and planning activities; performing mission-critical work at a designated location other than the traditional GSA office site (which may be outside of the commuting area); and ensuring that GSA's needs are still being met in the event of an emergency, disaster or otherwise unforeseen circumstance disrupting traditional office operations.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
Starting Pay for all locations will be dependent upon the associated GS-Locality Pay Table for that area.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ENGINEERS: A Degree in professional engineering OR a combination of college-level education, training, and/or technical experience. For specifics on qualifying education and/or experience - use the following link: Basic Requirements for Engineer Positions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to the basic requirement stated above, you must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the next lower grade level of the position to be filled. Read each grade level below carefully.
GS-11: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 in the federal service. Specialized experience is experience that provided knowledge of formal advertising and negotiated procurement procedures sufficient to develop solicitations, evaluate offers, negotiate prices and terms and recommend award of contracts for a range of standard or specialized supplies or services; or knowledge of contracting principles and procedures sufficient to administer contracts for a range of standard or specialized supplies or services. OR
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: Applicant must have three years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a PhD. degree, or a PhD, or equivalent doctoral degree that is directly related to the position. OR
Combination of Education and Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a combination of graduate level education and appropriate experience that together meet the qualification requirements of this position.
GS-12: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 in the federal service. Specialized experience is applying professional engineering principles, concepts, and practices in the design of construction or alteration projects involving large and complex buildings or major building systems; or the coordination of the activities of architects, engineers, tenants and construction contractors on such projects. Such experience must also include having independently managed projects and/or large portions of projects (balance scope/quality, schedule and budget) requiring the services of multiple disciplines from project initiation phase through project closeout.
GS-13: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 in the federal service. Specialized experience is applying professional engineering principles, concepts, and practices in the design of construction or alteration projects involving large and complex buildings or major building systems; and the coordination of the activities of architects, engineers, tenants and construction contractors on such projects. Such experience must also include having independently managed projects (balance scope/quality, schedule and budget) requiring the services of multiple disciplines from project initiation phase through project closeout.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Bargaining Unit status: Varies based on job and location
- If you are selected for this position at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without further competition in accordance with all applicable regulations. However, promotions are not guaranteed and are dependent on performance.
- Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be paid when authorized and approved by appropriate agency officials on a case by case basis.
- GSA may pay a recruitment incentive to a newly-appointed employee; a relocation incentive to a current employee; or offer annual leave service credit to an applicant with related non-federal or uniformed services work experience. Determinations to pay/allow incentives will be made on a case-by-case basis, subject to funding availability and documentation that the position is "hard-to-fill".
- Selected applicants may qualify for credit toward annual leave accrual based on prior non-federal work experience or uniformed service experience.
- Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed. This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated against the basic qualifications. Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Direct Hire Guidelines. Veterans' Preference does not apply to the direct hire recruitment procedures. Certain selections made under this notice will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Current civil service employees might be given new appointments to the civil service. You may not be considered for the position, if any part of the application is incomplete or missing the required supporting documentation. Falsifying your background, education and/or experience is cause for not hiring you or dismissing you if hired.
If you are an Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan eligible or a GSA Career Transition Assistance eligible, you must be considered well qualified to receive priority. ICTAP/CTAP. Well qualified is defined as possession of the majority of competencies required for the position and will be determined, based upon a review of your resume against the competencies required for the position being filled.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No