Supervisory IT Specialist (Applications Software) (APPSW)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all legal and regulatory requirements. Reference the "Required Documents" section for additional requirements.
You may not be aware, but in the regulations for agency ethics programs, there are requirements for supervisors. Section 2638.103 of Title 5 of the CFR states:
Every supervisor in the executive branch has a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. It is imperative that supervisors serve as models of ethical behavior for subordinates. Supervisors have a responsibility to help ensure that subordinates are aware of their ethical obligations under the Standards of Conduct and that subordinates know how to contact agency ethics officials. Supervisors are also responsible for working with agency ethics officials to help resolve conflicts of interests and enforce government ethics laws and regulations, including those requiring certain employees to file financial disclosure reports. In addition, supervisors are responsible, when requested, for assisting agency ethics officials in evaluating potential conflicts of interest and identifying positions subject to financial disclosure requirements.
Candidates must demonstrate proof of meeting the Minimum Qualifications, that is, BOTH the Basic Requirements and the Specialized Experience listed below.
Experience - IT-related experience; experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate. Experience must have demonstrated each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicants must have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent in scope and responsibility to at least the next lower grade level (GS-12) in the Federal Service. This experience could have been obtained in the public or private sector. Specialized experience is defined as ALL of the following:
1. Demonstrated experience developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing an IT software application project(s); and,
2. Demonstrated experience using an iterative software development methodology for developing software applications such as Agile/Scrum or the Rational Unified Process.
NOTE: Candidates must have demonstrated in their work experience or training that they possess, or have the potential to develop, the qualities of successful supervision.
Education may not be substituted for experience at this level.
DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.
Refer to these links for more information: GENERAL INFORMATION, ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be evaluated against the evaluation factors below and will be placed into a category based on your vacancy question responses.
Category A - Meets the minimum qualifications requirements and demonstrates superior proficiency in applying critical competencies required by this position.
Category B - Meets the minimum qualifications requirements and demonstrates satisfactory proficiency in applying critical competencies required by this position.
Category C - Meets the minimum qualifications requirements and demonstrates familiarity in applying critical competencies required by this position.
Evaluation Factors (Competencies) - All qualified applicants will be evaluated on the following key competencies:
- Leading People - Team Building
- Applications Software
- Data Management
- Policy and Planning
- Systems Analysis
The information you provide may be verified by a review of your work experience and/or education, by checking references and through other means (ex. interview). The examining Human Resources Office (HRO) makes the final determination concerning applicant ratings. Your resume MUST provide sufficient information to substantiate your responses to the vacancy questions. If not, the HRO may amend your responses to more accurately reflect the level of competency indicated by the content of your resume. Your evaluation may also include a review by a Human Resources Specialist or panel and may include other assessments (ex. interview, panel review, written test, writing sample, etc.)
INFORMATION FOR ICTAP/CTAP ELIGIBLES ONLY: If you are eligible for special priority selection under ICTAP/CTAP, you must be well-qualified for the position to receive consideration. ICTAP/CTAP eligibles who are placed into Category B or higher will be considered "well-qualified".
Click Application of Veterans Preference for Category Rating Jobs for more information.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No