DON PATHWAYS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM (STUDENT TRAINEE - OFFICE AUTOMATION)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This position requires the ability to type at least 40 words per minute. Your response to the typing skill question on the Occupational Questionnaire will be used in your qualification determination.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-CLER
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
For GS-4: Completion of two full academic years of post-high school study or an associate's degree. NOTE: This information must be supported in your resume to be considered for the position.
For GS-5: Completion of four full academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor's or equivalent degree. NOTE: This information must be supported in your resume to be considered for the position.
1) A high school whose curriculum has been approved by a State or local governing body, or a home-school curriculum that has been approved by such a body or a State; and
2) Any of the following educational institutions or curricula that have been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the secretary of the U.S. Department of Education: (i) A technical or vocational school; (ii) A 2-year or 4-year college or university; (iii) A graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or (iv) A home-school curriculum.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume. See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education.
Applications will be accepted from students who expect to complete qualifying education within 9 months from the date of application. However, agencies are required to verify that the education has been completed successfully before any applicant can be appointed (report to work); therefore, your selection or start date may be impacted by proof and completion of all position requirements.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
Temporary actions taken under this announcement may be terminated at any time before the established not-to-exceed date.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
THIS INTERN POSITION IS FOR A SEASONAL HIRE. THERE WILL BE NO OPPORTUNITY FOR CONVERSION TO A PERMANENT POSITION.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- GRADE POINT AVERAGE
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- ORAL COMMUNICATION
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
You will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating selection procedures. Additional points are not added for veterans' preference; however, preference is still applied. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories:
Best Qualified - Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Highly Qualified -Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Qualified - Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All qualifications requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and a current student enrolled in:
1) A high school or home-school curriculum approved by a State or local governing body;
2) An accredited college (including technical, vocational trade schools, two or four year colleges/universities);
3) A graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school, etc.); or
4) A Certificate Program in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study, that is part of an accredited, college-level, technical, trade, vocational or business school curriculum. Short-term training and/or certificate programs (i.e., several two-week programs completed or class sessions attended over a period of two years) that are not required for the position or which lack sufficient academic rigor, are not considered an acceptable academic course of study. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No