Nurse Consultant - HIV/AIDS Bureau
25% or less - Up to 25% domestic travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Do not cut and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
To qualify for this position at the GS-0610-14 grade level, you must meet ALL of the following requirements:
A. A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor's degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A copy of your unofficial transcripts MUST be provided by the announcement closing date to receive employment consideration.
B. Degree from Foreign Nursing School: Official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools is required for individuals who graduated from foreign nursing schools. A copy of your unofficial transcripts MUST be provided by the announcement closing date to receive employment consideration.
Licensure/Registration: For all grade levels and positions, applicants must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination. In addition, they must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. A copy of your current/active nursing license MUST be provided by the announcement closing date to receive employment consideration.
Failure to provide the correct education, and nurse registration documents will result in your application being rated ineligible.
In addition to the mandatory license and education described above, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have at least one or more full years of professional nursing experience, that is equivalent to at least the GS-13 grade level in the federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
- Evaluating the impact of organizational goals, operational plans, and programs on public health programs, such as; clinical and quality activities;
- Monitoring and measuring HIV clinical outcomes of public health programs for quality improvement;
- Formulating, implementing, or evaluating policies impacting quality improvement activities for public health programs;
- Implementing health care models to serve unique cultural, social, and economic needs of targeted populations; and
- Advising various federal, state, and local organizations to address specific health issues within the public health arena.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades) to document that you have met the education requirement. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required prior to your starting work.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
Click here for information on "Federal hiring for individuals with disabilities".
- Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: HRSA participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Creditable Service: A newly appointed or reappointed employee may receive service credit for annual leave for prior work experience directly related to the duties of the position being filled. The use of this service credit is at the discretion of the selecting official and must be finalized prior to selectee's entrance on duty. For more information, please click here.
HRSA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This is a Direct-Hire Authority position, traditional rating and ranking of applicants does not apply to this vacancy. Veterans' Preference does not apply to direct hire recruitment procedures.
Your application will be reviewed to ensure that you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications, will be referred for consideration in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Direct Hire Authority.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following competencies:
HIV/AIDS PROGRAMS - Knowledge of the concepts and principles of HIV/AIDS Programs (e.g. Ryan White, PEPFAR, etc.); addressing legislation impacting HIV care and treatment services to people living with HIV and collaboratively working with cities, states, and local community-based organizations.
PUBLIC HEALTH - Knowledge of the principles, practices, & methods of administering public health programs to provide advice and technical assistance on the improvement of public health activities, including analysis & evaluation for public health programs at Federal, State & local government levels.
PUBLIC HEALTH POLICY - Develops and/or analyzes comprehensive public health policies by promoting the use of scientific knowledge in making decisions and setting priorities.
STRATEGIC PLANNING - Supports organizational goals and objectives in accordance with strategic and/or operations plans.
To preview the occupational assessment questionnaire, please click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10452261