PR Senior Account Executive
Sparks Group and a full-service, integrated public relations and marketing firm in Tysons Corner, VA have partnered together to find a PR Senior Account Executive who is eager to skyrocket their career at one of the leading agencies in the DC area. As a PR Senior Account Executive, you will be responsible for executing public relations and social media campaigns for Fortune 500 companies, top government contractors and federal agencies. Must have strong experience in helping develop and execute powerful PR and Social Media strategies and campaigns, incorporating both traditional and new media communications, managing support staff, and juggling demands in a high-paced environment.
- Assist senior management in developing and implementing the monthly account planning and activities.
- Provide guidance to and be a mentor for the junior staff and interns.
- Identify and place the clients in targeted high-level media and other appropriate opportunities.
- May manage specific projects independently.
- Typically supports 3-5 accounts.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and ability to solve problems, delegating work appropriately across account teams.
- Possess strong writing and editing skills. Ability to write attention-grabbing media materials, client correspondence, reporting documents, strategy documents, agency and client blog posts and other integrated marketing materials.
- Ability to contribute to and develop public relations strategies, social media and marketing plans, and implement them with confidence.
- Drive smart, tactical execution of client programs.
- Establish strong relationships with knowledge of relevant media and other influencers to generate awareness of client’s products, services, thought leadership, or activities.
- In-depth understanding of social media tools and ability to implement compelling social media programs.
- Supervise support team and interns.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR or related field.
- 3-5 years of public relations, public affairs, advocacy or communications experience required.
- Agency experience required.
- Demonstrable experience in media relations and social media best practices.
- Expert proficiency in social media engagement across all appropriate platforms.
- Strong media relations experience; established social media and influencer relationships.
- Solid writing, proofreading, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Management experience a plus.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.