Production Manager - The American Physiological Society (APS)
The American Physiological Society (APS), a non-profit scientific member society, is seeking a Production Manager that sets and ensures schedules, quality standards, and best practice workflow for the digital and print publication of the society’s peer-reviewed journals. The Production Manager serves as main point of contact for composition, production, cataloging and indexing, and publishing partner vendors. They will manage XML and related tools for the department. The Production Manager will manage four direct reports who have hands-on responsibility for the publication of two journals each, from accepted manuscript to publication stages. Collaborates effectively with the senior management team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English or life sciences required
- 3-5 years of experience in STM publication
- Knowledge of journal production
- Expert knowledge of English grammar/punctuation
- Expert interpersonal, organizational and management skills
- Expert knowledge of scientific editing styles and markup
- Proficient knowledge of life sciences
- Knowledge of XML with Schematron knowledge a plus
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
For more information on APS, please visit: www.the-aps.org