Senior Tax Accountant
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
EchoStar is looking to add a Principal (Senior) Tax Accountant to their Germantown, MD location in support of its various domestic and international subsidiaries.
* Assist in the preparation and review of all US compliance requirements related to our International operations including but not limited to:
Transfer Pricing Reports
* Support the Company’s corporate income tax provision process for compliance with US GAAP/SEC reporting as required by ASC 740
* Support the business units by addressing issues related to withholding and indirect taxes
* Assist with federal and international income tax audits, as necessary
* Research developments in tax law to determine appropriate tax methods and identify tax savings opportunities
* Analyze processes with the goal of increasing efficiency
* Support various special projects and assist with ad hoc tax assignments as needed in all areas of tax and finance
* Demonstrate proactive behavior/involvement to make recommendations and facilitate decision making
* BA/BS in Accounting
* 2+years of experience in income tax compliance with exposure to income tax accounting reporting under ASC 740
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work across disciples
* CPA certification and Master of Business in Taxation
* Big 4 Experience is a plus
* Exposure to basic international tax concepts
* Familiarity with OneSource Tax Provision Software (Tax Stream)
* 2+ years of prior experience writing tax position papers and technical memos to support Company’s tax positions
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.