Communications Director, Strategic Initiatives and Paid Media
Provide staff support for the implementation of API’s communications program elements that relate to strategic initiatives and paid media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage all aspects of API’s PPI campaign –Influencer Engagement, Paid Media, Earned media narratives
· Develop and execute proactive integrate strategic communications strategy / calendar
· Present API communications goals, progress and results to members, allied trade associations
· Work with API board members and API executives in public positioning to carry industry messages
· Partner with HR and other API teams to develop internal communications efforts, including media/social media policies
· Support VP in every aspect of managing team
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS Serve as a leader within Communications Department by helping to bridge the connection between API’s communications functions, mission critical campaigns and member company committee representatives.
· College degree with 15-plus years of journalism, advertising or public relations experience.
· Experience at a policy level in petroleum industry or public relations agency working on energy and environment issues is a plus.
· Working knowledge of petroleum industry public affairs policy issues a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
· Must have the ability to work effectively, with flexibility and personal diplomacy, in a team environment.
The American Petroleum Institute (API) is the only national trade association representing all facets of the oil and natural gas industry, which supports 10.3 million U.S. jobs and nearly 8 percent of the U.S. economy. API’s more than 625 members include large integrated companies, as well as exploration and production, refining, marketing, pipeline, and marine businesses, and service and supply firms. They provide most of the nation’s energy and are backed by a growing grassroots movement of more than 40 million Americans. Although our focus is primarily domestic, in recent years our work has expanded to include a growing international dimension, and today API is recognized around the world for its broad range of programs. Learn more about API at www.api.org.
As an API team member, you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, a generous PTO plan with paid holidays and a great working atmosphere.
API is an EOE M/F/D/V.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.