ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Specialized experience for the GS07 level is defined as: providing administrative support to office staff using interpersonal communication, in person and telephonically; establishing and maintaining office files; using office computer software programs, including Excel and PowerPoint; conducting suspense tracking reviews; initiating, coordinating, and tracking personnel actions and performance appraisals; and maintaining calendars.
52 Weeks (one year) of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-07) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience for the GS09 level is defined as: providing a wide range of administrative support to office staff through the following: using interpersonal communication, in person and telephonically; establishing and maintaining office files; using office computer software programs, including Excel and PowerPoint; conducting suspense tracking reviews; initiating, coordinating, and tracking personnel actions and performance appraisals; and maintaining calendars.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- GS-07 positions
- Superior Academic Achievement (S.A.A.) is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society membership. Bachelors degree required or a senior in college can apply with certain considerations (please use link to OPM to determine if you qualify)
- Class standing - Applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) -
- Election to membership in specific National Scholastic Honor Societies.
- Additional information on S.A.A. and/or which Honor Societies are recognized click on the link to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Classification & Qualifications Standards: Superior Academic Achievement
- GS-09 positions
- Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, growth & learning.
- This position is a Drug Test position.
- Moving expenses will NOT be paid.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment (Priority Placement Program).
- A two year probationary period is required.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov)
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10451502 Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required Yes