Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes analyzing S&T funding informationto ensure funds are achieving execution goals; performing program analyses across Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution (PPBE) for a Science and Technology (S&T) program; managing resources across an S&T program to optimize funds. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-03 or GS-13).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Budget Administration
- Manages Resources
This is a DoD Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo) position in the Business Management and Technical Management Professional career path (NH), broadband level IV with a salary range of $114,590 to $164,200.
This position is covered by control points. The control point salary range is $114,590 to $ 148,266 including locality. Management will set the selectee's pay for this position within the control point salary range consistent with qualifications/education of the selectee and the expected contribution of the position. Locality of 28.22% is included.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 - General Administration and Management position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- This position requires Financial Management Certification Level III within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- This is a Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Career Field Position. Per DOD Position Certification Level and Training Requirements, All Acquisition Workforce Positions Mandated in Title 10, USC, Section 1723. DOD 5000.52-M, DOD Acquisition Career Development Program, contains specific requirements for acquisition categories and grades/levels. Current requirements are available at the https://asc.army.mil. Upon entry into an Acquisition position, the incumbent has 24 months to complete the position requirements without needing to obtain a waiver. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in Acquisition Career Field Business/Financial within 24 months of entrance on duty.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.