FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Occasional travel - This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Experience working knowledge of fiscal law, DOD Financial Management Regulation, Department of Navy financial management policy, Defense Health financial management policy.
- Experience conducting functions such as formulation of budget and estimates to support plans, programs and activities including presenting and defending budget estimates before leadership for a fast paced and demanding office.
- Experience reviewing, analyzing, and submitting budget exhibits, justifications, issue papers, and reclamas on behalf of a HQ Command.
- Experience analyzing and recommending cost and benefits of alternative methods of financial management.
To qualify for the FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST, GS-0501-12, your resume must demonstrate at least one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience assisting in the utilization of fiscal law, DOD Financial Management Regulation and Financial management policy.
- Experience performing functions such as formulation of budget and estimates to support plans, programs and activities including presenting and defending budget estimates before leadership in a fast paced environment.
- Experience completing, analyzing, and submitting budget exhibits, justifications, issue papers, and reclamas on behalf of a HQ Command.
- Experience assisting with recommending cost and benefits of alternative methods of financial management.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating of 85 or higher. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYSIS
- FINANCIAL REPORTING
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All eligibility, qualifications, and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No