Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
THE FIRST 50 APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Requires a "Public Trust" Background Investigation prior to appointment.
- Incumbent will be required at the GS-14 level to file an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, upon appointment and as necessary to meet regulatory guidance.
- A preliminary background check may be completed before a new employee can begin work.
- Resume and question responses must be submitted online.
- Subject to satisfactory security and suitability determinations.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade a GS-12 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as: using qualitative and quantitative techniques to analyze and measure the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of administrative and technical programs, including preparing a summary of findings and recommendations for areas of Improvement to management; performing a wide variety of analytical studies and projects related to management improvement, productivity Improvement, management controls; developing detailed plans, objectives and strategies for the long-range implementation and administration of programs and/or developing criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of programs.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Knowledge and skill in applying a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness and the improvement management processes and systems.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of program analysis of the execution of business functions.
- Ability to analyze legislative and other guidance to determine the impact on the organization's program requirements, and applying that analysis to develop required policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Knowledge of the principles and methodologies of project management and skill in the application of these management tools for programmatic evaluation.
"Experience" refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement to receive consideration.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Education is not required and may not be substituted for specialized experience.
The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- New employees to the Department of Energy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- If you believe that you are eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), please visit the OPM ICTAP/CTAP website for more information. In order to be considered under the ICTAP program, your application must score within the pre-established "well qualified" category as stated in the Qualifications section.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
- This position is not included in a bargaining unit
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Reasonable_Accommodation_Policy_Statement
Veterans Information: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Veterans_Information
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Department of Energy uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications necessary for this position. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to determine if your qualifications meet the criteria for referral to the selecting official.
We will also verify that you are eligible for Merit Promotion positions by reviewing your previous Federal employment to ensure you meet Time-in-Grade requirements. If you are eligible to apply to Merit Promotion announcements based on Veteran or other non-competitive statuses, we will verify your supporting documentation prior to referral.
If you are eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, you must meet the definition of "well qualified" which is defined as having a score of 85 or better.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here.