Director, Human Resources
Connecting the World Through Innovation:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
Does this look like your next role?
You are an exceptional leader, eager to lead a talented and motivated HR Business Partner consulting team that is the heart of the company. Your team leans in, drives change management and propels the business forward implementing innovative and sustainable HR solutions. Your trusted and employee-centric team partners with key stakeholders across the organization to deliver Intelsat's global philosophy and ensure a consistently positive employee experience. In this critical role you report to our highly collaborative and dynamic Vice President of Human Resources.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Impacts you will make:
- As an accessible, dynamic leader, championing and driving change, you provide thought leadership on people strategy to transform the customer experience.
- Leverage competence in and knowledge of financial, technological, economic and talent drivers including workforce planning and development to help design and implement a business-aligned global human capital plan.
- Contribute to development of HR strategy and objectives that build high performing and engaged teams cultivating a high-performance culture across the company.
- With your employee-centric focus, work to enhance the employee experience by developing and championing innovative engagement strategies to maintain and retain a highly skilled and engaged global workforce.
- Implement critical policies and programs encompassing all areas of human resources including employment, compensation, benefits, organizational and employee development by collaborating with functional HR leaders.
- Reinforce our positive and collaborative work environment, openly sharing information and collaborating with the HR team ensuring cohesion in delivery of the team's vision.
- Provide insightful data to guide business aligned decision-making and proactive solutions and suggest innovative actions for enhancement; report on progress towards goals and objectives and measure program effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulations (defining, modifying where appropriate) and oversee compliance with laws pertaining to employment.
- Manage EEO planning, reporting and the employee relations program. Aid in development, planning, and implementation of employee relations policies and procedures, including employee counseling, equal employment opportunity and labor relations.
- Infuse creativity to elevate HR initiatives utilizing innovative strategies to implement annual awards events, holiday parties and corporate quarterly engagement and charitable events in support of employee engagement, retention, and HR service delivery goals.
- Use your budget prudence to optimize and maximize resources in developing, proposing and managing the HR budget.
- Participate in, oversee and manage strategic HR projects
You should definitely have:
- A passion for leading and driving agile, service focused, business-aligned high performing global human resource teams
- 10+ years' experience in human resources, organizational capability, human capital consulting or related supporting a global organization
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources or business equivalent (e.g., Business Administration, Industrial Relations/Labor Relations Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Management, Organizational Development/Organizational Behavior)
- Deep knowledge in HR concepts and principles, including sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements, policy development and related laws and regulations
- Thorough understanding and affinity to metrics, data and technology including building and tracking HR Metrics/scorecards
- Strong internal customer focus and relationship skills with a flexible communication style
- Partiality towards communicating openly and skilled at communicating effectively and clearly (in writing and orally) in one-on-one as well as in group presentations
- Consistent ability to apply solid judgement ensuring integrity, compliance and confidentiality
- Exemplary business acumen, strategic mindset
- Outstanding facilitation, collaboration and project management skills; detail orientation and multitasking skills
- Experience in a role requiring independent decision-making and management of conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travels to field sites periodically to share and present new programs and address business needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
But it would be nice if you had:
- Experience at a publicly traded, high-tech company
What it's like to work with us:
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- We are customer focused and collaborative
- Awesome benefits including informal work environment, flexible work arrangements, generous 401(k) plan, PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.