TREASURER'S OFFICE, PAYMENT SPECIALIST
The Operations Division of the Arlington County Treasurer's Office is seeking a full-time Payment Specialist to accurately and efficiently process payment corrections while providing excellent customer service. This employee performs a variety of front-line customer service, technical, and administrative duties. The population served is culturally diverse, with many individuals who have limited English proficiency. The person in this position must be adept with technology and adaptable to using multiple complex systems.
Specific duties include:
- Processing refunds, adjustments, and correcting payment issues for multiple payment types.
- Researching and correcting payment errors from traditional and non-traditional payment channels.
- Identifying system issues contributing to payment errors, and working with team to resolve them.
- Providing excellent customer service by answering customer questions and resolving issues in person, over the phone, and via email. Calls are handled in a call center environment.
- Assisting team members with other duties as required.
Key characteristics of the ideal candidate include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- An analytical mind with the ability to understand complex processes from start to finish and offer recommendations for improvement.
- High proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel, or similar software.
- The ability to multitask by alternating between in-person counter duties, phone calls, and back-office desk duties as needed.
- Must be flexible, sensitive and have the ability to remain professional and calm in a high volume, fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Minimum: High school diploma or the equivalent, plus two years of administrative support experience that includes working directly with the public in a retail, financial services, or similar customer service environment.
Substitution: An Associate's degree (or successful completion of 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours) in any field may be substituted for up to one year of experience. A Bachelor's degree may substitute for 18 months of required experience.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
A pre-hire background check will be made on all candidates who are selected for employment. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.
Your responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered. In order to receive full credit for your experience, please ensure that you have included details of all relevant work experience on your application and have completed the Supplemental Questionnaire in its entirety.