TREASURER'S OFFICE, CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
The Arlington County Treasurer's Office is seeking a cashier to provide excellent customer service and accurately reconcile a cash drawer. The successful candidate will perform a variety of front-line customer service, technical, and administrative duties in support of the Operations Division of the Treasurer's Office. The client population served is culturally diverse, with many individuals who have limited English proficiency.
Specific duties include:
- Operating a cashier window, including accepting in-person customer payments using a computer-based cashiering system.
- Handling customer questions and resolving issues in person, over the phone in a call center environment and by email.
- Issuing County dog licenses and residential parking permits.
- Selling and servicing in-car parking meter devices.
- Accepting and processing deposit batches from other County agencies.
- Troubleshooting and testing online payment issues.
- Maintaining customer records.
Minimum: High school diploma or the equivalent, plus two years of administrative support experience that includes working directly with the public in a retail, financial services, or similar customer service environment.
Substitution: An Associate's degree (or successful completion of 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours) in any field may be substituted for up to one year of experience. A Bachelor's degree may substitute for 18 months of required experience.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday; cashiers alternate shift assignments from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 8:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
A pre-hire background check will be made on all candidates who are selected for employment. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.
Your responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered. In order to receive full credit for your experience, please ensure that you have included details of all relevant work experience on your application and have completed the Supplemental Questionnaire in its entirety.