Grants Support Assistant
Senior Service America, Inc. is recruiting for a Grants Support Assistant position within the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program that provides support to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in Washington, DC.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist departmental staff with monitoring and closeout of grants, fellowships and interagency agreements by:
• Contacting project officers to initiate closeout procedures
• Contacting Compass Data Warehouse (CDW) for closeout balances
• Preparing EPA closeout notification emails/letters and transmitting to other agencies
• Scanning and tracking certified mailing of closeout actions
• Maintaining central file system for closeout/monitoring projects
• Entering closeout data in the Interagency Agreement to Payment Tracking System (IAPTS)
• Preparing closed files for transfer to Record Retention Center
• Assisting Grants Specialists with tracking/completion of baseline post-award monitoring
• Assisting with conference/meeting planning, material preparation and execution
• File retrieval and tracking for special projects
• Assisting in answer telephones for staff during peak workload periods
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States; able to pass a Federal Background check; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar field of study. Preferred experience includes working with federal assistance, contracts or interagency agreements. Strong verbal and written communication skills; Ability to establish and keep deadlines/goals, troubleshoot problems and develop creative solutions, coordinate and execute events; Windows Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint).
HOURS & COMPENSATION: Full-Time position working 40 hours per week plus benefits including paid health insurance and generous vacation/ sick/holiday leave.