2 days left
- Full Time
Senior Service America, Inc. is recruiting for a Paralegal position within the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program that provides support to the United States Environmental Protection Agency(EPA) in Washington, DC.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares orders for ALJ's signature; review and analyze case files;
- Prepare memos, drafts procedural history of case, and summary of parties arguments;
- Prepares procedural orders, and written correspondence to parties in cases pending before the ALJs;
- Conducts ex parte calls with the parties regarding settlements, financial discussions, and scheduling follow up conference calls;
- Uses computerized legal research systems including Lexis, Westlaw, and federal government websites
- Receive incoming mail, date stamp, distribute
- Prepare mailing labels for outgoing mail (USPS, Courier, Pouch, or UPS)
- Assist in answering phones, vetting inquiries to properly route, and vetting visitors
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States; able to pass a Federal Background check; AA/Certificate; 5 years of paralegal experience; database knowledge; basic legal terminology; strong communication skills (oral and written), willing to accept other duties as assigned; ability to lift boxes up to 40 lbs.; team player. Windows Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint).
HOURS & COMPENSATION:
Full-time position working 40 hours per week, plus benefits including health insurance and generous vacation/sick/holiday leave.
Apply for Paralegal
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly