Altarum is looking for a high energy and results-oriented recruiter, who can be a strong contributor to a growing healthcare consulting organization and its health communications subsidiary, Palladian Partners. As part of our growing recruitment team, you will use your staffing expertise to creatively develop a number of paths to source candidates and work closely with management to develop recruiting strategies to attract key talent for the organization.
- Develop innovative recruiting strategies to recruit professional level candidates
- Manage the recruiting process from candidate sourcing through identification, interviewing, selection, negotiation and close
- Source and develop a pool of qualified applicants using leading edge techniques including the internet, professional associations, direct sourcing, networking, community relations efforts, employee referrals, print and electronic media, cold calling, and others
- Post job advertisements, searching the Internet and relevant databases
- Screen and interview prospective candidates
- Develop process to integrate and utilize Human Resources staff in recruiting life cycle and meeting hiring deadlines – review and update procedures and practices as necessary
- Travel to different Altarum locations (travel is approximately 5-10% and will vary)
- Interact and build successful relationships with hiring managers
- Partner with hiring managers to analyze current and future staffing needs within their departments
- Advise management on recruitment strategies, sources, special programs, as well as hiring and compensation decisions
- Train hiring team on effective interviewing techniques and how to utilize iCIMS/iRecruiter applicant tracking system to review candidates and reply through the system
- Build relationships with candidates and keep them informed on interview process
- Ensure compliance with EEO/Diversity policies and accurately report and track required candidate data
- Represent Altarum at recruiting events, providing potential candidates information regarding Altarum business, facts, and current events
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3+ years of progressive experience in recruitment required. Recruiting experience in the healthcare field is a plus!
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, as well as strong Internet navigation skills. Experience using applicant tracking databases is a plus.
- Ability to think "outside of the box," embrace change, and suggest creative, innovative solutions as it relates to the business needs.
- Drive to deliver results, take accountability and ownership of work, and strive for continuous improvement.
- A high level of enthusiasm and a personal sense of urgency and capacity to overcome obstacles is a must.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities/projects
- Strong communication skills including the ability to articulate via the telephone and in person.
- Proven ability to develop relationships.
- Ability and willingness to travel to different Altarum site locations (travel is approximately 10% and will vary).
You’ll get bonus points if you have any of the following:
- Recruiting experience in the healthcare and IT fields.
- Recruiting experience in the management consulting or government contracting arena, including but not limited to Communications and/or Defense Health.
- Experience using applicant tracking databases, specifically iCIMS.
Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Altarum serves the public good by solving complex systems problems to improve human health. Altarum creates and implements solutions to advance health among vulnerable and publicly-insured populations. Public sector clients include the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Agriculture, Department of Veterans Affairs, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and various state agencies nationwide. Altarum also serves clients in the philanthropic and private sectors. Areas of expertise include health data and analytics; value-based care; public health systems design, development and information exchange; behavioral health and substance use disorders; childhood and adolescent health; medical education; food and nutrition; consumer engagement; elder care; health disparities and equity; and military and veterans’ health.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.