Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.
Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Possesses a background in optical networks design, optical network services and optical network transport architecture to articulate
management service and network issues that providers may face in deploying and/or operating such networks.
2. Customer Service - In-depth knowledge of inside and outside cable and components, private lines, cable pairs, floor plans, engineer work orders, electrical outlets, conduit systems, work order
processing and computerized telephony database and billing/invoices in order to meet the project and analytical requirements of the division.
3. Oral Communication - Ability to deal effectively with persons representing widely divergent backgrounds, interests and points of view.
4. Problem Solving - Comprehensive knowledge of and experience working with organizational structures, policies, practices, decision
making processes, other offices and inter-agency relationships to effectively interface with all interested parties.
Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience in IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices to identify and address a wide range of difficult and complex IT issues.
- Experience in contracting processes, award procedures, and Federal procurement rules and regulations.
- Experience in commercial and government telecommunications, stand-alone computers, telephones, private branch exchanges, fiber optic transport.
- Experience communicating with others effectively, both orally and in writing, and in working out solutions to problems or questions relating to various projects.
NOTE: In order to qualify for this position, your experience MUST be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-12 position.
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations@state.gov.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection procedures. Based on your responses to the job-specific self-assessment questions, eligible candidates are placed for selection consideration into one of three pre-defined quality categories as described below:
Highly-qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications for the position, candidates must fully demonstrate proficiency in all major aspects of the position.
Well Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, candidates must demonstrate proficiency in some, but not all of the major aspects of the position.
Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, skill and ability of the position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
- Knowledge of federal acquisition management policies and procedures.
- Ability to make decisions based on information from a wide variety of sources.
- Ability to manage and complete long-term projects.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, IT systems and/or telecommunications networks.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to manage staff and resources.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume should include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week. For assistance with creating a resume, please click
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each pre-defined quality category. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent (i.e., CPS and CP) must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position to receive consideration for special priority.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any required supporting documentation by the closing date of this announcement. Your application package must contain sufficient information to make a valid determination that you fully meet the basic/specialized experience requirements as stated in this job opportunity announcement for each grade level(s) for which you are applying. Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes