Development Officer/Development Policy Officer, MC-301-4c/4b
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 5 (GS-9) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as: experience analyzing and manipulating data; experience with Excel, Stata, SAS, SPSS or other statistical programming packages; experience with international development programs, development economics or public policy programs or projects; and experience communicating, orally an in writing, background materials, analyses, and recommendations on program activities. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
Applicants may also qualify based on completing requirements for a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of this position.
Applicants may qualify based on completing 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related to the work of this position. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work.
Combination of Experience and Education: Combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements. Only graduate level education in excess of 36 semester hours may be combined with experience.
To qualify for pay band 4B applicants must meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4C (GS-11) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as: experience working with governance data, including knowledge of common sources, statistical techniques; experience with Excel, Stata, SAS, SPSS or other statistical programming packages; experience using common data analytical tools to manipulate and analyze large sets of governance data, such as Excel, Tableau, or other software; experience with international development programs, development economics or public policy programs or projects; and experience communicating, orally an in writing, background materials, analyses, and recommendations on program activities. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
Highly Desirable: experience working with governance data (please include this experience in your resume).
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet Federal qualification requirements if you can show that your foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States. For example, specific courses accepted for college-level credit by an accredited U.S. college or university, or foreign education evaluated by an organization recognized for accreditation by the Department of Education as education equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. college or university. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence with your application. See Recognition of Foreign Qualifications for more information.
- The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- Promotion Potential: If the position is advertised with promotion potential, the selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
- Selectee may be required to complete a probationary/trial period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your application and supporting documents will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for the position and to ensure that you have been placed in the appropriate quality category. The HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position such as:
- Minimum Qualifications
- Oral Communication
- Technical Competence
You will be evaluated based on Category Rating procedures. Based on the information you provided in your application package, you will be placed in one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and may be called for an interview.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Application of veteran's Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-PROF-OCCUPATIONS Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No