Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The approved job elements for this occupation are listed as follows:
(1) Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision (Screen-out element).
(2) Technical practices (theoretical, precise, artistic).
(3) Use of measuring instruments.
(4) Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (includes blueprint reading).
(5) Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
(6) Knowledge of materials.
(7) Knowledge of equipment assembly, installation, repair, etc.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). Volunteer work helps build competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10432375
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- A one-year trial/probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- You must be able to lift and move heavy items weighing 100lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You must be able to stand for prolonged periods on concrete floors and walk over rough and uneven terrain with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The selectee must be able to bend, stoop, walk, stand, and climb, and work in cramped positions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You may work in hazardous environments or handle hazardous substances.
- The selectee must be able to work outdoors under all weather conditions.
- This position requires weekend hours, night shifts, regular or rotational shifts, and holiday hours.
- This position has on-call or call-back requirements.
- At the supervisor's discretion, this position may offer work schedule flexibilities: compressed schedules.
- If selected, you must pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- The selectee must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle license.
- This position is designated as an "emergency essential" position and the selected candidate will be considered an "emergency essential" employee and will be required to be available, ready, willing, and able to report for duty under all circumstances (e.g., inclement weather, government closings and holidays, lapses in appropriations, non-emergency, and emergency situations) for operation 24 hours a day and 365 days per year coverage.
- If selected, you will be covered by a bargaining unit (union).
- We may make additional selections for similar positions across the entire Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) within the local commuting area(s) identified in this vacancy announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with any interested selecting official(s) at HHS. There is no option to opt-out as your information will not be shared with other hiring agencies outside of HHS. The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- We are unable to pay relocation expenses.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
To determine your qualifications and referral status, a review of your resume and supporting documentation may be made and compared against your responses to the vacancy questionnaire. Because your rating is based on both your responses to the questionnaire and documentation you submit, please make sure that your self-ratings are supported by the information you provide in your application. Your qualifications and self-ratings may be verified at any time during the application and selection process through quality review, interview questions, work samples, demonstrations, reference checks, and any other means. Inflated or unsupported qualifications may affect your rating. Any misrepresentation or material omission of facts on the assessment questionnaire or in any other materials you submit in support of your candidacy (including but not limited to the application), or in any oral statements you may make during the selection process shall be sufficient cause to end further consideration of your candidacy. Persons listed as having knowledge of your past accomplishments or experience in your application may be contacted for verification purposes at any time. Verification may, but need not, begin prior to receiving an offer.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and all other requirements.