Sparks Group has partnered with a local media organization seeking a Human Resource Assistant. The ideal candidate should possess strong organizational skills, be very detail orientated and be able to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment. If you are interested, please apply or call 301-926-7800! The Human Resource Assistant will be responsible for general HR functions to include employee relations, recruiting, and other administrative duties as related to the HR function.
The successful candidate for this position will perform a variety of duties, including but not limited to the following:
- Administer compensation and benefits policies and facilitate questions and concerns about pay, benefits, job descriptions, vacations and corporate policies.
- Serve as a liaison between management and employees
- May include recruiting and hiring new employees, and administering orientation and training programs
- Administer insurance benefits, calculate billing totals, explain benefits, assist with completion of enrollment forms, and answer questions to employees
- Through thorough research, ensure that salaries and benefits are industry/market-competitive
- Facilitate employee disciplinary actions, layoffs and terminations, while ensuring compliance with applicable labor laws and company policies.
- When appropriate, make recommendations to management regarding policies for hiring, terminating and compensating employees.
- Minimize risk and liability by ensuring applicable local, state and federal employment laws are adhered to.
The successful candidate will have:
- 1+ years of Human Resources experience preferred
- Experience in any of the following areas preferred: process improvement, compensation and/or staffing
- Bachelorâ€™s degree preferred
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficiency with HRIS (e.g., PeopleSoft) may be required
- Knowledge of applicable HR- related laws and guidelines (EEO, ADA,FMLA etc.)
- Working knowledge of employment law, interviewing techniques, recruitment advertising, recruitment and retention plans, and basic HR functions.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.