Outstanding mid-size IP law firm seeks an experienced Patent Specialist to join their Patent Specialist Team. This position will provide administrative support to a small team of attorneys (around 4).
The Patent Specialist’s primary responsibilities will be to perform all tasks in support of assigned patent attorneys:
- Using the Firm’s software tools to prepare USPTO patent prosecution forms, and draft Office Action “shells” and other patent office e-filings
- Uploading, verifying the accuracy of, and submitting USPTO e-filings via EFS
- Preparing and e-filing PCT applications in the USPTO via EFS
- Recording assignments using the USPTO’s EPAS system
- Maintaining accurate patent files in the Firm’s electronic document management system (currently Worldox)
- Drafting, revising, and sending routine client correspondence and reporting e-mails
- Proofreading all filings and correspondence for spelling, content, punctuation, and grammar
- Pre-processing, flagging, and clearing tasks on assigned attorneys’ dockets
- Interacting effectively with other departments to support assigned attorneys
In addition, the Patent Specialist will generally support the Firm’s Patent practice by:
- Assisting with updating and improving the Firm’s patent administrative processes, procedures, and forms
- Assisting with implementing and refining the Firm’s use of new software and web-based tools
- Periodically assisting with overflow work from other patent specialists
- Periodically assisting other attorney-specialist pairings with special projects
- Periodically assisting with large file transfer, assignment, and/or power of attorney projects
- At least two (2) years of recent patent legal secretarial experience in a law firm setting
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with a minimum typing speed of 65 WPM
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities, and work in a team environment
- Experience with FoundationIP, AppColl, Worldox, and/or Anaqua highly preferred
- Positive attitude toward client service and support of assigned attorneys
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced office environment during “core” business hours
- Self-starter with a commitment to success and personal professional growth
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and professional service skills (written and verbal)
- Enjoys being involved in all aspects of a growing, changing law firm environment
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of dedicated, friendly professionals with a commitment to excellence and nationally-recognized quality work.
Please submit your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!