Prominent DC law firm is seeking a Litigation Paralegal to support attorneys that represent clients in commercial litigation and agency proceedings involving intellectual property, trade secrets, labor/employment and other complex matters. The candidate will be responsible for general litigation case management, including document production and review, trial preparation and database creation and administration. Specifics include:
- Coordination and management of case documents, including organization, substantive review for relevance and responsiveness, and identification of privileged and confidential information; as well as preparation of documents for production including redacting and bates labeling- Management of document databases and coordination of electronic discovery
- Preparation of court filings in state and federal courts, including cite and fact checking legal briefs, confirming proper Bluebook citation, conforming filings to local rules and judge's standing orders, proofreading, and assembling of exhibits and appendices
- Assistance with depositions, including preparation of witness files, exhibits, notices, subpoenas and summaries
- Assistance with factual or legal research and drafting of memorandum regarding the same
- Trial preparation and logistics, including management of scheduling, coordination with court clerks, preparation of witness files, page/line deposition summaries, management of exhibits, assisting with setting up trial space
Candidate should have either a Bachelor's Degree or an Associate's degree plus a paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program. A minimum of five years of experience is required and those with trial experience preferred. Candidates should have demonstrated a firm understanding of practice area protocols, anticipate needs, exercise independent judgment and have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Proficiency with MS Office and trial software such as Trial Director or Sanction is required.