Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This announcement is issued under "direct-hire" authority. Consistent with 5 U.S.C 3304(a)(3) and OPM regulations (5 CFR 337 Subpart B) on direct-hire: All candidates who meet all the qualification and other eligibility requirements may be referred for consideration. Competitive examining rules providing for rating and ranking and veterans' preference do not apply.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience or General experience for this position includes:
-Designing and maintaining information security architecture for an agency’s information technology infrastructure (i.e., WAN, LAN, Internet, extranet, intranet) and evaluating threats and risks associated with IT system vulnerabilities; AND
-Performing network security operations such as network incident response and performing network penetration testing.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must also show proficiency in 1) attention to detail, 2) customer service, 3) oral communication, and 4) problem solving.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Veterans Preference does not apply to the Direct Hire Authority.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- A one year supervisory or managerial probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Systems & Technology, Critical Thinking, Technical, Project Management and Leadership.
Referral: All candidates who meet all the qualifications and other eligibility requirements may be referred for consideration. Competitive examining rules providing for rating and ranking and veterans' preference does not apply. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
This position is being filled through the Information Technology Management (Information Security) Direct Hire Authority (DHA). Applications identified outside this JOA through supplementary recruitment efforts may be considered before the selection(s) is/are made.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No