INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC)
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses (i.e. PCS) or relocation incentives as described in 5 USC 5753 may or may not be authorized in accordance with applicable travel regulations, command policy and available command funding.
Must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following four competencies, as defined:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to the four competencies above, your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS/GG-13 level in the Federal Service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing duties such as:
1) Developing and maintaining a formal IT security program and implementing policies for assigned area of responsibility;
2) Ensuring system security measures comply with applicable organizational policies, guidance, and procedures;
3) Tracking and maintaining the up to date statuses for all Risk Management Framework (RMF) projects and authorizations;
4) Maintaining day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of the organization's IT including security event log/audit review and analysis;
5) Conducting security reviews to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensuring that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
ICTAP does not apply to Excepted Service positions.
Recruitment incentives may be authorized to eligible new hires.
This position has been designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position in specialty area 72 and as a condition of employment incumbents of the position are required to comply with the DON Cyber IT/CSWF Program requirements of SECNAV M-5239.2, which include:
-- 1. Earn and maintain appropriate credentials from the Cyber IT/CSWF Qualification Matrix (described in SECNAV M-5239.2) associated with the specialty area and level commensurate with the scope of major assigned duties for the position to which you are assigned, and;
-- 2. Participate in a continuous learning program as described in SECNAVINST 1543.2. A minimum of 40 hours of Cyber IT/CSWF related continuous learning annually documented in a current individual development plan signed by both the employee and supervisor.
This position performs a primary cyber work role of Information Systems Security Management (Cyber Operational), 722 and additional cyber work roles of (N/A), per the DoD Cyber Workforce Framework.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY POLICY AND PLANNING
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All eligibility and qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes