US Patent Prosecution Assistant
Seeking a US Patent Prosecution Assistant to join an established DC IP practice. This is an entry-level position ideal for a recent college grad and would be nice if the incumbent has some patent experience or exposure.
Duties include, but are not limited to: prepare various documents required by clients and the U.S; preparing and electronically filing documents at the U.S. Patent and Trademark office, including certificate of correction, POAs, 3.73 statements, and corrected Application Data Sheets for groups of cases transferred in. Reviewing for accuracy and preparing reporting letters to the client for Official Filing Receipts, Notices of Publication, Issue Notifications, and Recordation of Assignment. Preparing and filing requests for corrected Official Filing Receipts. Assist with additional duties as assigned by Firm time keepers and management.Job Requirements
- Minimum four-year college degree.
- Minimum of (1) year of general office experience.
- Some knowledge of U.S prosecution and worldwide patent laws and rules preferred.
- Some knowledge of USPTO online sites and related websites, including PAIR, EFS and EPAS and related websites preferred.
- Some knowledge of docketing database preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including data entry, and a level proficiency with MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Word.
- Strong attention to detail and strong ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Flexibility for overtime is required.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Meryem Molleur