Legal Assistant - Commercial Real Estate
Boutique real estate law firm in Gaithersburg is seeking a Legal Assistant to provide day to day general administrative support, document management, and transaction assistance to support the team. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate due diligence for a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including: purchases, sale closings and leases.
- Schedule meetings for attorneys.
- Prepare and file a variety of documents, including: deeds, mortgages, memoranda of leases, UCC financing statements, bill of sale, affidavit of title, and transfer declarations.
- Coordinate and facilitate closings, including preparation of closing checklist and binders, coordination of closing calendar, and follow-up on post-closing matters.
- Organize and produce final document deliverables for clients, opposing counsel, and real estate attorneys.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Required
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial real estate transactions.
- Must keep all information confidential.
- Ability to examine, evaluate and summarize large quantities of information.
- Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and document management software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and respond in a timely and professional manner to high client demands.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally and provide exceptional service, internally and externally, at all times
- Highly organized, able to prioritize workflow and manage projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Julie Segor