Data and Survey Coordinator
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Data and Survey Coordinator
The College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) at George Mason University is seeking a professional faculty member to a) serve as a Data and Survey Coordinator in the Accreditation and External Reporting Office (AERO) to support CEHD programs in the coordination of data and surveys for college review and academic program improvement and b) teach in the Educational Psychology program starting in May 2019. For this 12-month position, the individual will devote 25-29 hours a week to AERO and teach 4 courses a year in the Educational Psychology program with some service responsibilities (e.g., advising, mentoring, program development). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: As a member of AERO, the individual would be responsible for the collection and distribution of data related to the colleges annual review. This position includes:
- Creating, conducting, and reporting out on college surveys;
- Collecting all pertinent data from various college, Mason, and external sources (e.g. databases, survey results);
- Preparing annual reports for each program; and
- Maintaining all files and instructions related to the annual review process. As a professional faculty member in the Educational Psychology program, the individual would be responsible for:
- Teaching graduate level courses in research methods, statistics, measurement, learning, and motivation;
- Advising students;
- Mentoring students, including supervising capstone projects and serving on masters thesis committees; and
- Contributing to the program and CEHD through service and outreach activities.
- Earned doctorate in Educational Psychology or a related field;
- Evidence of university teaching in research methods, statistics, learning, and or, motivation;
- Fully proficient with Qualtrics - creating surveys, distributing surveys, and running reports;
- Proficient with EXCEL, Word Document (tables), and Adobe PDF;
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Ability and motivation to learn and adopt new technologies and processes. Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to teach a variety of courses offered in the Educational Psychology program;
- Experience with Elucian Banner;
- Experience within higher education; and
- Good written communication skills.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :