Director, Branded Content - Government Executive Media Group
Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B2B division focused on public sector innovation. Known as one of the fast-growing B2B digital media companies, GEMG’s brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which now hold market-leading positions in their respective sectors. GEMG clients are composed of Fortune 500 companies, who engage with GEMG to create cutting-edge marketing programs across digital, events, research, and custom content.
We are looking for a Director of Branded Content to lead the ideation and execution of content marketing programs for our most strategic clients.
In this role, you will be part of a small, scrappy team with broad skills and a DIY mindset along with the eagerness to have a massive impact. You will leverage your knowledge of public sector issues and trends, along with input from subject matter experts and other resources to help clients publish dynamic and insightful content.
- Write and edit articles, ebooks, blogs, microsites, social posts, videos, and infographics, often working with graphic designers to create final deliverables for publishing;
- Lead consultative engagements with clients to ideate and execute content marketing campaigns on their behalf, managing internal and external resources to create and deliver required content assets;
- Conduct in-person and video presentations and interviews with high profile client and industry executives;
- Assist Sales team in ideating and pitching creative content marketing proposals;
- Manage and edit work of external and internal content writers.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Professional experience as a journalist or content writer in the public sector market
- Experience in editing, producing, and writing short and long-form content, from social posts to web articles to ebooks;
- Experience in ideating and mapping content marketing programs preferred, specifically in designing campaigns which serve the buyer journey model;
- Excellent written, verbal communications and client management skills; You will spend a lot of time gathering input and testing ideas with a broad range of stakeholders, inside and outside the company;
- Comfortable with presenting content and good at pitching ideas to others;
- Comfortable developing compelling content relating to enterprise technology;
- Attention to detail, poise, and grace under pressure.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions –
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth –critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.