Associate Director of Finance
5 days left
- Full Time
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Employee is responsible for the fiscal management and oversight of certain finance office functions. Manages and supervises professional finance office staff and includes oversight of work related to: general ledger, audit, grant accounting and reporting, accounts payable, fixed asset accounting and the front office area. Employee is responsible for cash management and controls. Employee is responsible for all aspects of capital project accounting. In the absence of the Director of Budget and Finance, employee may assume temporary role of duties of this position.
- Employee will work in coordination with the director of budget and finance and the director of procurement to maintain the integrity of the accounting processes (GAAP), internal controls, and the budget
- Employee is responsible for preparation of all internal and external communication and reporting of capital project accounting
- Employee is responsible for the oversight of legal and compliance policies and procedures for areas assigned
- Responsible for the oversight of accounts payable department including review of annual 1099 tax filings. Will assist with the preparation of the college's 990-T tax filing
- Employee will assist college constituents with financial statement information as needed, and will prepare financial reports, surveys, state and federal reports as required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required
- A minimum of five years of experience, two of which should be at management capacity, which includes supervision
- Management experience in a finance office preferred
- Extensive knowledge of accounting procedures and principles as they relate to all areas assigned
- Ability to determine changes in regulations that affect our policies and procedures related to areas assigned
- Ability to apply accounting principles and procedures to all areas of assignment
- Ability to use own initiative to locate and resolve problems
- Ability to interview, hire, train, direct, evaluate, discipline and provide supervisory support to subordinates
- Ability to analyze accounting and administrative systems to ensure accuracy and recommend and initiate modifications if necessary
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 5:00pm
Compensation: Hiring Range: $72,314 -$83,161 plus excellent health insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: April 5, 2019
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
Please complete the following:
- Online application
- Cover letter