Motion Graphics Designer
The Motion Graphics Designer collaborates with the Creative Media Team, Multimedia Manager and other internal teams to create media that tells a story and bolsters member engagement. The Motion Graphics Designer is highly creative with high-end digital skills and will need to work with and/or create and edit assets such as photography, video, illustration, animation and sound.
- Prepare design plan, research, concept, write and story-board project stories in collaboration with project owners, subject matter experts, ASHA's internal marketing team, Creative Director, Art Director, and Multimedia Manager.
- Create, edit, and organize high quality illustrations and animations for print, online, and video deliverables.
- Research and analyze best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics.
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control and organization of digital assets.
- Maintain digital asset library.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelors degree in a visual communications field (design, animation, video, or multimedia, etc.)
- 5+ years of multimedia experience
- Online portfolio
- Not required but pluses include: video and audio production, photography, 3D modeling/texturing, agency experience, advanced knowledge of PowerPoint
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong motion graphics and design skills
- Infographics and typography skills
- Concept development and storyboarding proficiency
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom
- Familiarity with digital workflows, including the compression and delivery of projects across varying multimedia formats and channels (YouTube, Vimeo, social media, mobile, streaming, etc.)
- Must be comfortable working in a MAC-based environment
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Have a solid understanding of design principles, including layout, typography, color, balance, composition, and current design trends
- Work constructively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Learn from, handle, and apply constructive feedback
- Think conceptually to execute a vision as outlined by creative briefs and in adherence to branding guideline
- Be able to multitask and work within set deadlines and budget
- Extremely detail oriented with excellent communication and organization
- Proactive work ethic
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written skills