Business Process & Portfolio Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
The Business Process and Portfolio Manager in the Office of Business Excellence (OBE) coordinates management, communication & execution for ASHA’s project portfolio, facilitates the successful delivery of process improvement initiatives, & provides planning, guidance, support, & execution of project management activities. The Business Process & Portfolio Manager is responsible for supporting ASHA employees with tools, templates, methodologies, & techniques related to project portfolio management and process improvement, in order to advance the culture of business excellence & effectively execute best-in-class business practices. The incumbent will offer project portfolio management, process improvement & project management services to staff.
- Coordinate project portfolio management activities that support ASHA priorities and help develop effective ways to advance them; provide project portfolio management and process improvement guidance and support to ASHA staff.
- Establish a roadmap of key projects and deliverables that support operational excellence; maintain up-to-date status and communicate assessments and plans to stakeholders; manage changes to initiatives in progress, in order to help achieve optimal results; manage project priorities based on resource availability and necessary software product upgrade schedules.
- Design and execute an annual project selection cycle that will allow staff the opportunity to suggest new projects, undergo discussion, prioritization and selection; communicate results to staff in an effective and clear manner.
- Lead and collaborate with functional groups to conduct business process analysis, identify problems or gaps in processes, determine course of action and impacts to the organization, and recommend measurable improvement changes.
- Provide clear and engaging training and coaching on project management and process improvement topics
- Support staff and act as a facilitator in training, processes, procedures, and policies to effectively manage projects and implement process improvement strategies.
- Conduct full life-cycle project management on selected projects, including project execution and communication, scheduling, milestone tracking, issue management, and change management.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3–5 years' work experience in project portfolio management in a Project Management Office
- Minimum 3–5 years’ work experience in business analysis or process improvement
- Minimum 5–7 years’ work experience in project management
- Experience in providing business training and consultation
- Preferred certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)® & Lean Six Sigma certification
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Proficient in project management tracking software
- Proficient in business analysis software diagramming
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio)
- Knowledge of a formal project management methodology, such as the PMBOK (preferred)
- Proficient in project estimating and project budgets
- Expert knowledge in quality management, risk management, and change management
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong oral communication skills; adept at gathering and summarizing information quickly, completely, accurately, and clearly
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience as a skilled facilitator
- Acts as a team player
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to create and collaborate on compelling and appropriate verbal and visual presentations