Student Trainee (BUDGET ANALYSIS)
Occasional travel - Less than 25%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
For the GS-04 grade level: Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or associate's degree.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of knowledge, skills and abilities, or competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing KSA's or competencies are required.
- Computer Skills
To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. You must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html).
- The duration of a Pathways appointment under Sch D is a trial period.
- The selectee for this position will not be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a position in the competitive service.
- This appointment will not be extended.
- Applicants must sign a Pathways Participant Agreement; be able to furnish course registration information at the start of each school term; and be able to provide verification of academic status (official transcript) at the end of each academic term..
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs will not be paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives are not authorized.
- This is a Financial Management Level I Certified position. IAW Public Law 112-81 and DoD Policy the incumbent shall comply with the requirements of DoD FM Certification Program.
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. To view this policy, please copy and paste the following web address into your web browser: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
- For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
How You Will Be Evaluated:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Computer Skills
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: ~
Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
1. Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
2. Highly Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
3. Best Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible's who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No