Auditor (Recent Grad)
Occasional travel - Must be able to secure and maintain a travel card.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Background security investigation required
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens
- Applicants must apply online via USAJOBS (see "How to Apply" section)
This is a Pathway RECENT GRADUATES vacancy announcement with a positive education requirement.
What that means is that an applicant MUST satisfy both the Pathways RECENT GRADUATES criteria as well as the education requirement for an Auditor as is required by the Office of Personnel Management Qualification standards.
ELIGIBILITY FOR RECENT GRADUATES PROGRAM: To be eligible, applicants must apply within 2 years of completing a qualifying educational program, i.e., within the previous 2 years, the recent graduate must have completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Applications are considered only if they meet the requirements of both the Recent Graduates Program and the educational requirements for an auditor. Applicants selected under the Recent Graduates Program are given a 1-year appointment to an entry-level position designed to provide a developmental experience that will lead to a career and a permanent position in the Federal Government. Permanent and/or career conversions for this vacancy are not guaranteed through this vacancy announcement. Management reserves the right to fill positions through other alternatives.
VETERANS’ ELIGIBILITY: The 2-year period of eligibility will be extended for preference eligible veterans who are precluded from applying within the two-year window due to a military service obligation. In such cases, veterans will have up to 2 years from the date of discharge or release from active duty to apply for the Recent Graduates Program, but eligibility cannot extend for more than 6 years after the date on which the individual completed his or her educational requirements. Veterans MUST show verification of service obligation during period in question.
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume and responses to the vacancy questions that they meet the basic OPM qualifications as well as qualifications described below. Applicants must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements for the position advertised within 30 days of the closing date of the vacancy.
To qualify for this position, ALL applicants MUST meet the basic education requirement and specialized experience as outlined.
SATISFYING THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT FOR AUDITOR:
Basic Education Requirements: Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.");
Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
EDUCATION DEGREE/PROGRAM NOTE: Degrees earned MUST be in relation to the position for which the applicant is applying and/or coursework gained to count towards the semesters hours MUST be in relation to the position for which the applicant is applying.
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS BY GRADE LEVEL:
GS-09: Master's (or equivalent graduate degree such as LL.B. or J.D. as specified in qualification standards or individual occupational requirements), OR 2 academic years of progressively higher level graduate education.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: None
- This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/ No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the "gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed.
Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of10% or more will be listed al the top of the highest quality category (gold).
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and techniques, laws, regulations, and policies
- The ability to research and analyze data
- The ability to communicate in writing, to include preparing written reports on audit findings
- The ability to communicate orally; to include discuss preparing written reports; employ effective oral communications techniques
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No