Associate Commissioner for Technology and Survey Processing
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation costs associated with permanent change of duty location of the selected candidate will not be paid. However, Recruitment, Relocation, and Retention Incentives may be paid
The Department of Labor does not recognize academic degrees from schools that are not accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the Department of Education. Any applicant falsely claiming an academic degree from an accredited school will be subject to actions ranging from disqualification from federal employment to removal from federal service.
Candidates must possess technical and management experience and have developed the knowledge and skills required for effective performance of the specific duties of the position. Candidates must have had experience at a major management level (normally equivalent to the GS-15 level in the federal service). All applicants MUST separately address each of the MTQs and ECQs when applying online. Responses to ECQs MUST not exceed 10 pages. For additional guidance, applicants may visit the Office of Personnel Management's Guide to Senior Executive Service Qualifications located at www.opm.gov/ses/references/GuidetoSESQuals_2010.pdf. Applicants are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action, and Result model outlined in the guide. Current/Former Career SES or SES Candidate Development Program graduates who have been certified by OPM MUST address the MTQ's, but need not address the ECQs. In order to successfully complete the online application process you MUST input the term, "noncompetitive eligible" in the text boxes for each of the ECQs. You MUST submit a Standard Form 50 that documents your SES Career appointment or a copy of your OPM approved SES Candidate Development Program certificate.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
1. Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQs): In writing your narrative responses to the MTQs, please give examples and explain how often you used your skills, the complexity of the knowledge possessed, the level of people you interacted with, the sensitivity of the issues you handled, etc. APPLICANTS SHOULD LIMIT THEIR RESPONSES TO ONE (1) SINGLE SPACED PAGE PER EACH MTQ WITH THE FONT SIZE NO SMALLER THAN POINT 12. It is recommended that applicants draft their MTQs in a Word document first, then cut and paste into the spaces provided following each MTQ to ensure length requirements. The MTQ's are:
1. Experience in leading the enterprise-wide Information Technology (IT) operation of a large federal agency requiring collaboration and negotiation across a diverse organization to achieve mission objectives and to provide high quality services for customers and stakeholders.
2. Demonstrated experience in formulating a strategic vision and managing the IT portfolio of a large federal agency including high value applications, infrastructure, and security projects to maximize organizational value and minimize/mitigate risks.
3. Demonstrated experience in ensuring management and accountability of high dollar IT resources in a matrix organization including funding for federal staff, contract staff, equipment, and services, and associated internal and external reporting.
4. Demonstrated understanding of the potential forces likely to impact the future direction of large enterprise-wide IT systems; and demonstrated experience with relevant laws including the Clinger-Cohen Act, E-Government Act, Federal Information Security Management Act, Federal Cybersecurity Enhancement Act, and Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act, as well as other federal government policies governing IT management.
PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP: Persons selected for employment with the Department of Labor who are not current DOL employees will be required to provide proof of citizenship, in the form of a passport, birth certificate or other approved documentation, prior to entry on duty.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates will be evaluated based upon their qualifications. In addition, applicants will be evaluated based upon their responses to the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs).
To preview questions please click here.