Parent Liaison - Welcome Center
The Welcome Center Parent Liaison is responsible for connecting families who visit the Welcome Center to school-
based parent liaisons to ensure a bridge of support.
* Provides school and community resources.
* Supports Welcome Center Counselor with collecting social and academic student history.
* Creates a warm and welcoming environment at the Welcome Center.
* Ensures a positive flow of counseling and screening appointments.
* Researches, connects, and collaborates with community agencies to gather information to share with
* Collaborates with Parent Liaisons at home schools, to include attending Parent Liaison meetings.
* Compiles survey results.
* Updates brochures and other Welcome Center information.
* Performs related work as required.
* Graduation from high school and progressively responsible experience in performing general office
clerical or secretarial work; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would
provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
* Relates well to people of all ethnic groups
* Bilingual skills required, Spanish preferred
* Demonstrates strong organizational skills
* Must be trustworthy and dependable
The Welcome Center Parent Liaison reports to the Welcome Center Coordinator.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means
of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other
workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to
learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position
for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force
frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.