Satellite Network Planner
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Coordinate with a broad range of stakeholders across the organization to develop specific deployment plans for satellite assets to support fleet revenue. Contribute to the satellite investment plan which provides replacement strategies for existing spacecraft as well as growth strategies for incremental satellites. Support management, including SVP, Strategy and Planning, on high profile Corporate Initiatives.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Develop the Satellite Deployment Plan on a quarterly basis providing recommended orbital roles and asset strategies based on requirements derived from a broad range of pertinent stakeholders across the organization.
- Develop revenue models and business cases for satellite planning.
- Contribute to the development of the Investment plan, driving the investment strategy to grow value through the delivery of new satellites and solutions to our customers.
- Ensure linkage between Fleet Planning and Business Plan activities by working with the revenue forecasting team to update capacity forecasts on a quarterly basis.
- Manage communication of Satellite Deployment Plan to internal stakeholders on a quarterly basis.
You should definitely have:
- A University Degree in Engineering or a similar discipline with at least one year of experience in the Telecommunications industry.
- Structured problem-solving and optimization skills.
- Effective English language skills, both written and oral and ability to present to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Intermediate proficiency in Outlook
- Ability and desire to work in a cross functional, collaborative environment
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory.
- Basic knowledge of satellite network architectures.
- Basic knowledge of RF antennas and associated ground infrastructure.
- More than one year of experience in the Telecommunications industry.
- Basic financial modeling experience.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.