Secure Communications Engineer
Sparks Group is actively searching for a Secure Communications Engineer with an active Top Secret clearance to support a DoD contract. This position will be based at Ft. Meade with occasional travel to their HQ in Herndon VA. The successful candidate must be able to network and establish strong relationships with clients, as well as, maintain open lines of communication and provide constructive feedback. In addition to serving as a source of recognized subject matter and organizational expertise to the client, the successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and have a strong client service focus and professional business orientation.
The successful candidate must have hands on experience testing and evaluating secure communications equipment. Experience troubleshooting complex interactions between networked systems, RF systems, and computer-based avionics and control packages and equipment with component level remedial knowledge. Must be able to write Technical Reports, Recommendations and Briefings to support senior leader decision making.
- Support testing, assessing and, as necessary, improving through technology refreshment or similar means the EPC network and the SECN capabilities critical to the operational readiness of these networks including the integration of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
- Conduct periodic evaluations of the performance of the EPC LOS RF systems at the National Military Command Center (NMCC) (both UEN and MILVER) and at Site R (UEN only) and troubleshoot any anomalies that occur through testing and analysis as directed by the COR. Results of the evaluations and any actions taken will be reported in a technical report for each instance.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the Presidential and National Voice Conferencing (PNVC), to include periodic testing and data analysis to determine PNVC performance. PNVC performance will be monitored by collecting and evaluating data from some or all PNVC sites.
- A working knowledge and understanding of test plans, data collection methods, validation, structure and analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time constrained environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
- Ability to research and analyze large amounts of data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience working with the DISN.
- DISA Enterprise VoIP experience.
- Experience developing DoD policies and procedures.
- Network engineering experience.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.