SAP Financials Treasury/Banking/AR Analyst (Business Analyst III)
Serves on the FOCUS Business Support Group (the County's SAP functional support team) as a lead administrator for the Financial modules in the FOCUS system (the county's SAP ERP system) with an emphasis on Treasury (TR), Bank Accounting (FI-BL), and Accounts Receivable (FI-AR). Investigates more complex TR/BL/AR related system problems, interacts with management or other governmental entities and manages the system administration of TR/BL/AR functional issues from end-to-end. This position serves as a functional expert in SAP Treasury, Bank Accounting, and Accounts Receivable functionality and the business processes associated with those modules. Coordinates with all parties including other FOCUS Business Support Group team members, business process owners and appropriate information technology staff. Assesses the capability of the system, works on potential upgrade or new system functionality, maintains current functionality, diagnoses and troubleshoots problems, provides system related knowledge relevant to the development and implementation of general guidelines, policies and procedures for the modules it is designated to support and serves the needs of the user community. Studies, researches and provides recommendations regarding existing or proposed system functionality. Assists in the preparation of short and long range information technology plans. Represents the FOCUS Business Support Group in discussions with business process owners, agency representatives, information technology staff and end users. In concert with other FOCUS Business Support Group team members, acts as the intermediary between end users and technical staff to resolve problems. Assists in determining causes of system problems and works with technical staff and various teams to determine appropriate corrective actions. Defines problems and recommends procedural, policy and system solutions. Performs system configurations. Performs testing activities related to system configuration, development work, and routine system upgrades. Understands and follows change management policies and procedures.Illustrative Duties
- Serves as lead software system administrator for interdepartmental or County-wide automated system;
- Works closely with technical project leader to coordinate technical resources and directs functional design and implementation;
- Interacts with representatives from other agencies on system-related issues and scheduling of system priorities;
- Identifies and tests system enhancements;
- Defines and maintains system administration documentation;
- Organize and direct system user groups;
- Monitors system performance and performs ongoing analysis to determine most efficient and effective means to operate the system;
- Provides assistance to system users;
- Develops conceptual approaches to satisfy user requirements;
- Oversees user acceptance testing;
- Evaluates new technology for applicability and enhanced effectiveness;
- Develops strategic plans to ensure solutions comply with established standards;
- Evaluates and prioritizes requests for new requirements, modifications, and enhancements to existing systems;
- Establishes priorities and timetables for system-related projects;
- May supervise other employees on a recurring or project basis;
- Generates reports to meet special agency needs;
- Acts as intermediary between users and technical staff to resolve problems;
- Participates in developing user training manual;
- Provides training to users;
- Works closely with agency IT technical staff and/or serves as agency liaison with the Department of Information Technology;
- Develops and provides technical briefings for staff on new services and system components;
- Provides technical support and training to users of installed software;
- Attends training workshops, product demonstrations, conferences, technical briefings, and conventions;
- Stays abreast of technology changes;
- Provides assistance to other staff as needed;
- Serves on committees and task forces and undertakes special projects as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of interdepartmental and/or County-wide processes, procedures, and requirements with regard to such administrative functions as personnel, finance, and budgeting;
- Considerable knowledge of the capabilities of information technology software, hardware, and network communication technology;
- Considerable knowledge of the capabilities of various computer platforms functioning in centralized, distributed, client server, and stand-alone environments;
- Considerable knowledge of effective processes, methods, techniques to analyze and evaluate business operations;
- Knowledge of effective project management methods, practices and techniques;
- Knowledge of effective supervisory methods, practices, and techniques (required for some positions);
- Ability to analyze and evaluate administrative processes and procedures for automation purposes;
- Ability to conduct research into new information technology;
- Ability to train employees in the use of hardware and software;
- Ability to prepare user manuals;
- Ability to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to management and employees;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to possession of a bachelor's degree in business, computer science or a field related to the department where the IT services are being used: plus four years of experience analyzing business processes and/or developing/maintaining the main business system, technical platform or a related system.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Extensive knowledge and experience with SAP ECC Financials with an emphasis on Treasury Management, Bank Accounting, and Accounts Receivable modules. Considerable knowledge and understanding of all the various Financial modules in SAP including FI-CO, GL, AA, AP, AR, FM, GM, PS and TR. Functional and technical industry experience of at least 5 years in these areas is required. Understanding and experience of the complete life cycle in implementing various SAP related projects. General understanding of public sector accounting and budget cycles. Knowledge of change control processes (including transport requests in SAP). Assists in the preparation of functional specification documents and BAPI layouts related to interface builds. Ability to communicate findings, proposals, designs and analyses, as required. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Leadership abilities in functional system administration and business process support and redesign. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and end users. Proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint computer software.
Job is generally sedentary in nature, however, employee must be sufficiently mobile to attend meetings and make presentations. Employee may be required to lift and carry up to 15 pounds. Incumbent must be able to operate keyboard driven equipment. Visual acuity is required to read data on a computer monitor and in printed format. Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.