Information Technology Technician I
Serves as part of the IT help desk team for the Fairfax Circuit Court. Provides hardware and software support of PC's and network/telecommunications system infrastructure equipment. Installs, configures, upgrades, and troubleshoots problems related to hardware, software, and other equipment. Responds to calls from users. Schedules and coordinates preventative maintenance on computer and peripheral equipment. Serves as initial point of contact with vendors to solve problems. Installs, configures, and tests new and updated releases of end-user software systems and computing equipment. Advises, trains, and assists users on how best to utilize system. Performs password and other various levels of security support on systems. Analyzes statistics and writes reports on system events and performance. Creates and manages databases, procedures, and documentation, including equipment inventory of utilized and spare equipment. Performs other related work as required.Illustrative Duties
- Troubleshoots problems related to PC's and system hardware and software and reports findings to help desk and coordinates problem resolution with vendors as needed;
- Monitors network components for inventory purposes;
- Assists in installing, configuring, upgrading, moving, and administering PC,
- network/telecommunications systems and components;
- Loads and test computer software;
- Creates/updates icons;
- Relocates dumb terminals, printers, and reconnecting cables;
- Performs password and other various levels of security support on all network systems;
- Checks for computer viruses using appropriate software;
- Provides help desk and inventory control support;
- Collects data on system events and performance for reports and analysis.
- Some knowledge of communications protocol and standards;
- Some knowledge of personal computers and personal computer software application packages and development products;
- Some knowledge of personal computer and network/telecommunications architecture and equipment;
- Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to provide one-on-one training and support to computer users;
- Ability to perform personal computer, network/telecommunications system troubleshooting, both on software and hardware problems;
- Ability to implement or coordinate equipment repairs and solve software problems;
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals used in the assembly, installation, repair, and operation of personal computers and data communications equipment;
- Ability to maintain records and write reports.
SPECIAL NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Experience in supporting end users in a Microsoft Windows environment, including support of MS Office applications, troubleshooting, and resolving a variety of desktop, server, and remote access problems.
- Experience performing PC imaging.
- Experience using analytical skills and automated utilities to perform diagnosis and problem resolution.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to write technical documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with competing deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to operate in a team environment with shared responsibilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Virginia court processes and experience with court case management systems.
- Knowledge of Software: Windows 10, CARS, CPAN, and SharePoint 2013.
Must be able to lift and install computer equipment weighing up to 75 pounds. Must be able to input and retrieve data from a computer. Physical requirements can be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview. As part of the interview process, a written exercise will be administered.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.