The Office of the Registrar
Exempt, Regular, 100% FTE, Pay Grade 2.1
Location: Academic Center at Largo
University of Maryland University College Office of the Registrar is a forward thinking, innovative office with a focus on building staff competencies in the Registrar profession using AACRAO Competency frameworks. The Office is seeking an Assistant Registrar who will be responsible for managing the day to day operations within the Incoming Transcript unit. The Assistant Registrar is jointly responsible for the supervision and leadership of the Incoming Transcripts unit, its processes, and the staff. The Assistant Registrar specifically focuses on the intake of transcripts, test scores, certifications and other pertinent student records through the enterprise content management software along with the student information system. The incumbent will ensure that all received educational records are logged, screened, scanned and data entered accurately. The position is a service oriented position and will ensure that the staff delivers excellent customer service when supporting students, staff, faculty and others (internal and external). The role will also manage a unit of staff with duties to include coaching and mentoring each team member on performance standards, correcting errors and creating/analyzing reports on key performance metrics. The Assistant Registrar will also oversee the screening process of transcripts scanned into the enterprise content management software, distribution and completion of Salesforce cases, receipt of mailed student documents, track proper responses in relation to unit standards and ensure phone coverage within the unit (having calls answered under the agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs)). As a member of the management team, this position plays a key role in creating an office environment that engages the office staff, builds efficiencies to support the campus needs and provides leadership for excellent customer service to the academic community. The Assistant Registrar will also be expected to engage staff in frequent meetings to discuss key performance metrics and additional performance standards related to the position. Incumbent will need to demonstrate ability to pivot on tasks between detail oriented work and service oriented work in a fast paced environment where there will be distractions requiring immediate service that may interrupt regular administrative tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage projects, provide technical assistance, and solve computing and business operations problems while meeting appropriate deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical concepts, practices, and protocols to a non-technical audience; and, to provide systems training and solutions.
- Experience using complex databases; ability to define specifications for database programming. Proficiency manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Knowledge in selecting and training staff, setting goals and evaluating performance, providing timely and helpful guidance and feedback, assigning and managing a unit's workload ensuring accuracy and timely completion of tasks.
- Skill in analyzing and applying academic policy to office operations and incorporating creativity to meet client needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of management related experience
- 2 years of experience with a Student Records system such as PeopleSoft/Banner and document management systems
- 1 year of experience dealing with confidential issues (documents or other)
- Proficiency in scanning, imaging, and student information systems
- Ability to effectively lead diverse and dynamic team
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot technical issues through a solution based approach
- Understanding of transfer credit and accreditation policies and practices
- Microsoft Excel and Word
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree
- 3 years of increased responsibility related to OOR duties specific to student records
- Proficiency with standard office software internet, and email applications
- Strong knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs
- Advanced specialized knowledge of particular Registrar core functions
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.